The Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accord with the legal Data Protection Regulation and this Privacy Statement.
Information about the collection of personal data
In the following, the Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH informs you about the points:
- Collection and treatment of personal data during usage of our website (www.erc-citres.eu) and of the services we offer through our website.
- Your rights.
The term personal data includes all data that can be related to your person, for example: name, address, e-mail address, user behaviour.
The responsible entity, according to Art. 4 sec. 7 of the EU Basic Regulation on Data Protection (EU-DSGVO), is the Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH, Roseggerstraße 12, A-8700 Leoben.
For questions about data protection we are contactable via e-mail at datenschutz(at)mcl.at or at our postal mail address, Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH, Roseggerstraße 12, A-8700 Leoben.
Collection of personal data during the visit to our website
The website collects automatically a series of general data and information each time you connect to the website. These data are transmitted to our server and saved in logfiles. The following data are collected when you connect to our website:
- Information on the type and version of the browser you are using.
- Information on the operating system used by the computer from which you are connecting.
- The internet page from which you are connecting to our website (the so-called “referrer”).
- The sub-websites that are triggered on the website by the connecting system.
- The date and time at which you are connecting to the website.
- The internet protocol address (IP-address).
- Other similar data and information that allow to avoid damage in case of an attack to our information technology systems.
The Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH cannot make inferences about your identity by using these general data and information. This information is in fact necessary in order to:
- Deliver the contents of our internet page correctly,
- Guarantee the long-term functionality of our information technology systems and the technical aspects of our website.
These data and information are surveyed in anonymous manner and are treated statistically, with the goal being to improve the data protection and safety, in order to ensure an optimal protection level of the personal data we handle. The anonymous data from the server-logfiles are saved separately from all personal data expressly given by a person.
In addition to the aforementioned data, during the usage of the website cookies will be saved on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard-disk in a folder assigned by the browser you are using, and through these, information is sent to the origin of the cookie (in this instance the Materials Center Leoben Forschung GmbH). Cookies cannot execute any program nor transfer a virus on your computer. They have the function of improving the user-friendliness and effectivity of the internet experience.
Usage of cookies:
- This website uses the following type of cookies, whose scope and functionality are clarified below:
- Transient cookies (2)
- Persistent cookies (3)
- Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These are in particular session-cookies. They save a so-called session-ID, with which diverse queries of your browser can be associated with a specific session. Through these cookies it is possible to recognize your computer anytime you come back to the website. The session-cookies are deleted anytime you log out or you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a certain time, which can be different depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure the settings of your browser according to your wishes, and – for example – reject third-party cookies or all cookies. We point out, however, that in this case you might not be able to use all functionalities of our website.
- The used flash-cookies are not collected through your browser, but rather through your flash plug-in. Moreover, the website uses HTML5 storage objects that are deposited on your computer. These objects save the necessary data independently from the browser you use, and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not wish that flash-cookies are used, you must install a specific add-on (for example “better privacy” for Mozilla Firefox: addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/ or the Adobe-Flash-Killer-Cookie for Google Chrome). You can avoid the usage of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser into private mode. Additionally, we recommend you manually delete cookies and the chronology of your browser regularly.
- You have towards us the following rights about your personal data:
- The right of information,
- The right to rectification or erasure,
- The right to restriction of processing,
- The right to object to the processing,
- The right to data portability.
- In addition, you have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data with a data protection regulatory body. The website of the Austrian regulatory body is www.dsb.gv.at.